1. It is best to use a small, bright print for the tops and a solid color for the pants. Avoid knits or heavy fabrics.
2. It is best to use a rotary cutter to cut the fabric rather than tearing it because cutting gives you a smoother edge
which is easier to serge.
3. For the pants, the strips of fabric should be 6 inches wide and 16 inches long.
4. Serge along both long sides of the strips.
5. On the strip for the pants, make a hem by folding the bottom edge up 1/4 inch. Top stitch with the sewing machine the entire length of the strip.
6. Fold the strips in half crosswise with right sides facing each other. Using the patterns, cut out the pants and top.
3. Insert the elastic using the method shown for the top.
2. Keep the two pants pieces together with right sides facing each other. There may not be a right and wrong side to your fabric. Using a 1/4” seam allowance stitch 3/4 of the way down one of the curves. Backstitch at the top.
This embedded video is hosted on YouTube. The suggested videos following this are not made by the Launfal Foundation. To find additional videos explaining how to make the rest of our doll, scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the next step. - dlm
1. Fold the strip for the pants with right sides facing each other. Lay the pattern on top and cut out the pants. (If not already done in the first step above.)
4. Stitch the back seam together using a 1/4” seam allowance. Backstitch several times to secure the elastic. Sew only half way down the seam.
6. Place one leg inside the other so that the raw seams are showing on the outside. Stitch the opening closed. Backstitch on both ends. Trim threads and turn pants right-side-out.
5. Pin the leg seams together around the crotch. Using a 1/4” seam allowance stitch the two sides together. Backstitch on both ends.
© Copyright 2016. All Rights Reserved